Newburgh - Newburgh’s very successful Summer of Prayer movement compels Christian Ministerial Fellowship Of Newburgh to continue prayer gatherings throughout the fall season and beyond. The group has closed the summer season of prayer and opened a Fall Season of Prayer with a kick off "Week Of Prayer" on Sunday, August 29th, at the Gidney Avenue School. Newburgh’s ten week Summer of Prayer gatherings drew multi-denominational support and participation from over forty area Christian Churches. Hundreds of area residents participated, coming together in unity to pray for peace, healing and love during the weekly street prayer gatherings at locations of youth violence and murders in the City of Newburgh. "We keep hearing the same thing from business owners and residents alike - that this was one of the quietest and most peaceful summers that they can remember" said Pastor Rose Andrews- Director of the Christian Ministerial Fellowship of Newburgh & Vicinity.
Newburgh Clergy envision the Thursday afternoon Prayer gatherings to continue through every season. Prayer gatherings throughout the fall will be at designated locations in the City (see schedule below for exact dates, times and places). Concerned citizens can gather with local clergy and City officials for public prayer taking place at various sites affected by recent youth violence and violent crimes.
Newburgh’s Fall Season of Prayer Schedule:
• Sept. 1st - Horizon on Hudson’s Elementary School, Montgomery & South Street
• Sept. 2nd - Newburgh Free Academy steps, 201 Fullerton Ave. & South Street
• Sept. 9th - Liberty & Bencard
• Sept. 16th - 85 Dickson Street
• Sept. 23rd - City Hall, Broadway
• Sept. 30th - Corner of Lutheran & 1st
• Oct. 7th - Corner of Carter & City Terrace
• Oct. 14th - Broadway Court House