MONROE - The Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County proudly sponsored a County-wide event, L’Dor V’Dor, From Generation to Generation, which recognized families who have contributed so much to our synagogues. Congregation Eitz Chaim hosted on Sunday, March 3rd.
The honorees were
• Congregation Agudas Israel, Newburgh: The Copans Family
• Congregation Beth Hillel, Walden: The Friedland Family
• Congregation B’nai Torah, Greenwood Lake: The Weisslander Family
• Congregation Eitz Chaim, Monroe: The Marshall Family
• Monroe Temple Beth El, Monroe: The Rosmarin Family
• Temple Beth El, Port Jervis: The Robinson Family
• Temple Beth Jacob, Newburgh: The Sacks Family
• Temple Beth Shalom, Florida: The Hannes Family
• Temple Sinai, Middletown: The Lederman Family
Over 150 people gathered as representatives from each synagogue said a few words about each family. Federation First Vice president, Abbe Distelburger spoke about the importance of family involvement. Immediate Past President Jack Berkowitz told the crowd about The Harold Levine Endowment Program and the significance of leaving a lasting legacy to the Jewish Federation. "It was wonderful to recognize these very special families, whose involvement in synagogue life has spanned several generations." said Gail Oliver, Federation President. "We are truly grateful for their continued support of our Jewish Community."